Favourite Wedding Songs To Walk Down The Aisle For 2011
Imagine this: The day, the moment and the hour has arrived on your very special day. Your guests are seated and your Fiance is eagerly awaiting you at the end of the aisle! The music starts and you make your grand entrance…. But what song will it be? Are you a traditionalist, getting married in a church or outdoors, or do you want something fresh and modern to walk down the aisle too? If your answer is “I don’t know” then here is some ideas for you.
If you are looking at doing a more traditional wedding in a church and you don’t want the traditional “Here comes the Bride” (Wagner’s, “Bridal Chorus”) or something classical while you are walking down the aisle then you will need to contact your Priest, Pastor or other officient to get confirmation that this will be ok.
Here are some traditional songs that you may like to have a look at:
- “Procession of Joy” (Hal Hopson)
- “Spring” (from The Four Seasons), (Antonio Vivaldi)
- “Canon in D” (Johann Pachelbel)
- “Air” (from Water Music Suite), (George F. Handel)
- “Trumpet Voluntary” (Jeremiah Clarke)
- “Bridal Chorus” (from Lohengrin), (Richard Wagner)
- “Te Deum” (Marc-Antoine Charpentier)
- “The Prince of Denmark’s March” (Jeremiah Clarke)
- “Wedding March” (from The Marriage of Figaro), (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- “Rigaudon” (Andre Campra)
Before I share with you some great songs to walk down the aisle to – have you ever thought of getting a string quartet that can play pop and jazz or traditional classical and romantic music?
If you’re having your wedding on the Sunshine Coast, in Brisbane, on the Gold Coast or in Newcastle – with more cities in their sights – then you need to check out 16 Strings String Quartet.
16 Strings String Quartet can create the perfect arrangement of music for your special event (listen to their audio and video samples here) – and the exciting thing is that it doesn’t have to be just classical!
But let’s get back to the music…
If you’re looking at an outdoors ceremony or a non religious venue, then the musical world is your oyster!
Here is a list of the top 20 voted most popular wedding songs to walk down the aisle too, and while you’re here why don’t you watch the videos for some of the top 20:
- “At Last” (Etta James)
- “You and Me” (Lifehouse)
- “Unchained Melody” (Righteous Brothers)
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love” (Elvis Presley)
- “From This Moment” (Shania Twain)
- “My Girl” (Temptations)
- “Making Memories Of Us” (Keith Urban)
- “Have I Told You Lately” (Rod Stewart)
- “Heaven” Slow Version (DJ Sammy)
- “Stand By Me” (Ben E. King)
- “What A Wonderful World” (Louis Armstrong)
- “Unforgettable” (Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole)
- “Everything I Do – I Do It For You” (Bryan Adams)
- “Come Away With Me” (Norah Jones)
- “When A Man Loves A Women” (Michael Bolton)
- “Air” (Rihana)
- “You’re Beautiful” (James Blunt)
- “All I Want Is You” (U2)
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)” (Stevie Wonder)
- “A Thousand Years” (Christina Perri – Performed by 16 Strings String Quartet as featured on Twilight Movie)
There are so many choices these are just a few of the more popular songs. Some Brides are even going along the lines of “I Got A Feelin” by Black Eye Peas or Byonce to make their grand entrance.
Choose a song that reflects your personalities and the theme of your wedding. On the day you will just want to get to your Fiance but take the time to enjoy every step to him!
Photo Source: 1.bp.blogspot.com | 3.bp.blogspot.com